Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

at my wit's end already

Go down 
+4
RedQueen
Shutter
Noah_
MatterOfTime
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MatterOfTime

Date of Registration : 2013-01-27

at my wit's end already Empty
PostSubject: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:21 am

how frustrating.
i read the ritual, got the materials and performed the stuff i deemed proper for this. sadly, the collection rituals here is rather meagre, so i only prepared base protection for the worst case and performed mirror surveillance, which yielded jack squat (except for a terrible migraine. you weren't kidding about that)
i also thought about search out, but apparently you should only use that when you know where to look and i have no idea where to look, so while i do have the materials for this (i got both just the flower and the tea, just for more options) i didn't actually try it yet. so here i am, still pretty much lost, so i would like you to read my summary of what's been going on and give me a hint or two.

recently, i have noticed that the number 38 is cropping up more often than it should in my life. i live in the house with the number 38 and i work in another building with the number 38, in the 38th precinct and even my office is office number 38. whenever i wake up in the morning and look at my alarm clock it's 5:38 AM and i counted the number of plates in my house just out of curiosity. 38.
add to that, that recently i have been waking up in the middle of the night to really noisy shrieking sounds. i couldn't determine the source and my neighbours didn't hear it (not even the youngsters next door who usually go to bed way after i do.)

so tell me: what's inside my house and how do i kill it? or if you can't tell me that, tell me what to search out.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:16 am

Mirror Surveillance can yield nothing for a variety of reasons! You could try using that pendulum ritual Shutter posted recently to pin a source/more active area down, which you can Search Out then! Do you have experience in dealing with the paranormal??

That number is... vaguely familiar but I can't put my finger on it... I'll try to keep my eyes open about that!
Back to top Go down
MatterOfTime

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:02 am

well i looked it up and the next full moon is at the end of the month. i can't wait that long.
as far as i understand mirror surveillance, the most obvious reason would be that the thing is not a non-corporeal entity, right?

i am new to the paranormal, didn't even consider the possibility until recently, but these coincidences are getting ludicrous. now i'm still not exactly convinced that this stuff works and you're not completely full of shit, but i guess the migraine was a bit more painful than needle pricks in the forehead can explain.

aren't there any standard subjects i could check with search out? like maybe the cellar or i don't know the doorstep? doorsteps have paranormal significance, right?
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:02 am

Have you checked yourself?
If there is something messing with your perception of your surroundings but shows no other signs it is likely that you are infected and such cases can be a bit sneaky even with paranormal help (How can you be sure to find the source when your ways to find them are altered? And how does it sound when you clap with one hand?).

Where do you live? I could send you my Pendulum if you want.

Yes doorsteps are significant when it comes zu protective Rituals and special kinds of entities ,mostly corporeal ones. But since your case doesn't sound like one you probably should save the energie for some other efforts.
Oh and have you considered that the cause is not paranormal at all but just a welll... malfunction of the head?
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Date of Registration : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:45 am

Rude, Shutter. ;P You of all people should know how important gut feeling is when it comes to the paranormal.

I've always disliked that number for some reason. I hated when it came up in math tests because I would always fail them. When I was in Elementary school, I was completely convinced that this number was really bad news.

Heh, I still have the quirk that I don't feel comfortable typing or saying it.

What happens if you try to change the number, for example ask someone to switch with you or get yourself some extra plates? Does this influence the screeching in any way, shape or form? And are there other things apart from that, like little misfortunate incidents or the like?

Getting Shutters pendulum seems like a very good idea.
Back to top Go down
https://lookatthetime.rpg-board.net
MatterOfTime

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 pm

okay, good, i think i can tell whom i will get along with here. listen bucko, i assure you i am no drooling loony and i know what i heard. furthermore, you can forget about getting my address. i don't know you.
however the idea bout checking myself makes sense. i will get right on that.

and redqueen, my problems with the number go far beyond just simple superstitiousness. it's absolutely everywhere. i will experiment with the number of plates.
and you could say that misfortune has befallen me.
my son went missing. and i will not rest until i killed the thing that took him.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Date of Registration : 2012-12-08

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:38 pm

The number 38 does have a bad rap, I think. It's linked to disappearances, too, as far as I know.
Now I'm not trying to attack you in any way or form, but Shutter and RedQueen are, with different amounts of politeness, providing free help for your problem, so please try to be a bit less uhm... mean?

EDIT: Oh well good of you to mention that. Now I can go and look up disappearance-related stuff.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:03 pm

Oh its okay. Not the first time that someone has a hard time appreciating help.

And RQ: It ight be kind of rude ,yes. But we had enough cases of mentally ill people coming to the forum and not few of themgot themselves killed by performing rituals where all they needed was professional help. And most healthy people know that we have to make sure or are at least considering that there could be something wrong with them. I am checking myself periodically and Sane ,regardless of his background ,managed to answer this question in a kind and adult way because he knew he knew that we had to ask this. Neutral
Back to top Go down
MatterOfTime

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:44 pm

oh pray tell how you check if you're sane. do you go to your personal psychologist and tell them about the uh, let's see, rat kings that you suspect might be making rats kill people with telepathy?
anyway, Search Out on myself yielded absolutely nothing.
on the bright side: i believe you now. my microwave is turning inside out and my cellar door appears to be made of ants.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Aw, chill out everyone. Sad

Now what I can think of is not a ritual you can follow step by step, more like a general direction... Have you ever tried lucid dreaming before?? Dreams unlock some places that we can't go when we're awake...
The Trap Room, as mentioned in the Dream Cleansing ritual, can be helpful when visited, even if you're not trying to trap something in there! You should try visiting your Trap Room while lucid. Just hang out there and quietly observe. Chances are good that if something is affecting *you* somehow, hints of it will show up there! Since many paranormal effects can kind of "soak" our mind, and while our conscious is pretty good at wringing itself out, effects in the subconscious linger on. :0
Back to top Go down
MatterOfTime

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:33 pm

lucid dreaming, eh?
i will look into it for a more longterm plan.

i just threw out one of the plates. smashed it up real good beforehands.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:35 pm

If you came out at 38 shards I'm going to flip my table
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Remembers me of the time when I saw the number 42 everywhere after reading Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy.
Back to top Go down
MatterOfTime

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:45 pm

i actually counted them. there were about 8 bigger shards and dozens of smaller ones. plus a ton of really really tiny ones. so i think that's not how it works
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:45 pm

Good! My table is safe once again! :3
Nothing to add here, except: Keep us updated!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Shutter wrote:
And RQ: It ight be kind of rude ,yes. But we had enough cases of mentally ill people coming to the forum and not few of themgot themselves killed by performing rituals where all they needed was professional help. And most healthy people know that we have to make sure or are at least considering that there could be something wrong with them. I am checking myself periodically and Sane ,regardless of his background ,managed to answer this question in a kind and adult way because he knew he knew that we had to ask this. Neutral

Yes, but it does not help much to ask in a rude manner. For one, part of most mental illnesses is not being able to seperate the effects of the illness from reality. So it does not help to ask someone if they are psychotic. You should rather ask what they experience altogether, and if they have a medical history, politely - and then see if what they say corresponds with any medical conditions.

But Matters question for a Sanity Check is actually not a bad one. This would be a useful addition to the forum. Not only because of preexisting conditions of new members, but also because it would be helpful being able to tell if paranormal events have left their scars on your mind.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Date of Registration : 2012-12-08

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Well, uhm, rest assured Queenie, the chance that the mental strain of witnessing the paranormal will most likely not cause hallucinations or anything like that. You're likely to get flashbacks, but when those happen, you usually know what it is and paranoia. So I suppose you might think things are paranormal when they aren'T but a bit of discipline and diligence can go a long way in convincing yourself that you're moderately safe.

I'm talking from experience. When the paranormal wrecks you, you won't completely break. but there'll be lots of tiny cracks all over you and the cold wind blows right into you. Or to be less cryptic: You will be scared. A lot.
Back to top Go down
MatterOfTime

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:30 pm

uh, nothing much happened in the meantime, but i just found a new plate in my cupboard. it has a design very much like the old plates, but it's a bit different. a bit smaller, too. does this help in any way? i would really like to get rid of this thing BEFORE the next full moon thank you very much
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:46 pm

You sure? I've heard of cases where traumatic or extremely stressful situations were the last straw on the camels back and led to psychotic breaks. And dealing with the paranormal is pretty stressful.

Matter, that is unsettling news, but now we at least know for sure that the number is important to this and refuses to be changed. I do however recommend that you try to keep it out of your mind as much as possible at least. Don't look at the clock when you wake up, maybe cover it up where you can in your working place, etc. If the number does not want to be changed, it might have a big influence on whater this is getting to you or gaining power.

I'll look into this, but I don't have much I can offer right now. :/

But one thing - do not count on being able to kill this, Matter. Some things cannot be killed. Some are not even alive in the first place.
Back to top Go down
StayingSane

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 2:49 pm

RQ here is right about approaching mental illness with direct questions like that. no offense Shutter but it don't work like that, to justgo straight for the direct question. If someone's mentally ill they don't respond well to the implication that they are infact mentally ill. you gotta be fucking delicate. i know from experience.

as to the problem of the number 38, it sounds particulaly interesting but I've got nothin. I could do research with the rest of ya, see what I turn up.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:50 am

I just noticed... Does that only concern the number in digits or does it also appear in words? :0c
Back to top Go down
MatterOfTime

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:06 am

in words? you mean orally? well possibly. but i can't remember a specific incident. will look out for that.
today i noticed that i spent 38 pounds on groceries. 38 pounds
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:10 am

I think Noah more means something like "seven" or "twelve".
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:17 am

Basically anything that refers to that number without having the numerical digits in it! So yes, orally as well as "thirty-seven"! (In case it really is the number itself, I'd rather not use it too much... :/)
Back to top Go down
MatterOfTime

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:40 am

so far i remember just the number in digits. but i didn't think about it like this before.
On another note, it turns out i bought way too much food. how am i supposed to eat all this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already Empty

Back to top Go down

at my wit's end already
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clock-Face and Looking-Glass :: LookAtTheTime.com :: Research and Information-
Jump to: