Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dreamwalker

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Date of Registration : 2012-12-05

Dreamwalker Empty
PostSubject: Dreamwalker   Dreamwalker EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:52 am

Quote :
A Dreamwalker is an incorporal entity. It usually aims for particular persons and seems to have a certain hierarchy. It can possess people or haunt objects. It has a concept of potent objects: It seems to possess only certain objects of importance, with a big area of influence. (E.g. dishwashers or washing machines because other objects are being inserted and afterwards passed around.) It is quick to change them if detected, though. It can be tied down with enough aptitude and luck. Afterwards, it needs to be dispersed a few times, depending on its potency.
On Search Out, their looks are differing. The objects and people they have been in contact with probably show rippling, strange footprints and vividly dark colours. (You will know when you see.) The more potent ones also show moving, sleeping faces in those objects.

It seems that Dreamwalkers show up in your sleep first. Because you don't feel different at first, this is by far the easiest way to spot them: A reoccurring, highly detailed nightmare. The outcome never changes, not even when you go lucid or try a Lockout/Cleansing. We first figured it's something that can only control you when you sleep.

The gruesome part is that this dream will come true.

I have no idea how it does that. Or how to stop it, other than dispersing it beforehand. But... even that can fudge you over.

If it possesses you, it is only able to control you if you are a sleepwalker. It cannot make you a sleepwalker if you never had this habit before.

It might draw energy from suffering. It seems to become more potent as its targets grow more miserable. Might also draw on determination or any "energetic" emotion. It's still unclear how its potency is connected to anything other than how often it needs to be dispersed. Possibly makes it harder to tie down. Possibly gives it the power to influence RL. Possibly gives it the power to 'play' with you a little. Alluding to the dream ever so often, wearing you out, what have you.

Anyway. Take extra caution handling them. Try to disperse them as soon as possible. Check everything thrice if a ritual appeared in your dream.
(Or maybe sell everything you have and try running from the destruction of your life. Might work! I didn't try yet! Man. I wonder why I didn't post this before like the brave solider I am.)
Back to top Go down
https://lookatthetime.rpg-board.net
Observer

Observer

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

Dreamwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreamwalker   Dreamwalker EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:38 am

Quote :
(Or maybe sell everything you have and try running from the destruction of your life. Might work! I didn't try yet! Man. I wonder why I didn't post this before like the brave solider I am.)

Why is this crossed out? Did someone try this and it was proven nonfunctional?
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

Dreamwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreamwalker   Dreamwalker EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:51 am

Um, there is some context in the Mirrorhands forum! I can't post a link for some reason? Sad This was originally typed up by Klein and her post on page 4 of the Mirrorhands Dream Thread sheds some light on what she meant... Sad (The strike out is probably sarcasm...)
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Dreamwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreamwalker   Dreamwalker EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:57 am

I'm pretty sure links only work in combination with the [ u r l ] tag... they should be possible to use though.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

Dreamwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreamwalker   Dreamwalker EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:59 am

RedQueen wrote:
I'm pretty sure links only work in combination with the [ u r l ] tag... they should be possible to use though.

The forum told me that new members can't post links until seven days after their registration! :?
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Dreamwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreamwalker   Dreamwalker EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:06 am

Ah, that might be a default configuration of the forum software to prevent spambots. I am very sorry! I'll see if I can find the reason for it in the admin panel, but don't get your hopes up - it seems to be buried very deeply in the software.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Date of Registration : 2012-12-08

Dreamwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreamwalker   Dreamwalker EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:01 pm

By the way, there have been rather weird occurences with Dreamwalkers. One thing I remember now is the Dreamwalker that beset Horsechild. Horsechild was a sleepwalker and the dreamwalker was somehow able to cause Narcolepsy. So the dreamwalker could just take over at any time by having Horsechild fall asleep all of a sudden and using his somnambulism for locomotion. Scary stuff those Dreamwalkers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dreamwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreamwalker   Dreamwalker Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreamwalker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clock-Face and Looking-Glass :: LookAtTheTime.com :: Research and Information :: Entities-
Jump to: