Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let's talk about dreams!

Go down 
+2
Deep1
Noah_
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Noah_

Noah_

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

Let's talk about dreams! Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:37 am

Hey guys! Smile I saw a thread like this back at Mirrorhands and thought it'd be cool to have here, too! So we can watch each other's backs a little even in sleep... or just get a kick out of the crazy dreams posted! Very Happy

I'll start with what I remember of tonights dream!

I was in this huuuge room. Like there was a sky but it was painted on the ceiling! :? (Kind of like a skybox in a video game!) There were also plants but they looked really shitty and flat. Surprised I was searching for something, so I was crawling through shitty looking plants for a long time. Till I found a chocolate egg. I showed it to my mum (??? who was suddenly there) and she unwrapped it and it was a Memory Hatcher. D: She gave it to me and told me to destroy it before my brother finds out(??) but I was so scared of holding it in my hands that I just threw it through the sky and all the shards came crashing down on me! D:
Behind the box, the sky was black, kind of like staring into the void! But then my mother didn't yell at me for breaking the sky or anything (heh), she just asked me the time and when I looked at my watch, it was 53:98 AM! So I went lucid and made myself wake up (cos the void isn't really my favourite thing to dream of)! Very Happy

Browsing this forum reminded me a lot of dealing with a Memory Hatcher (I didn't throw it at the sky, don't worry!), so maybe that's why it was in my dreams. It was nice to see my mum again, though! Smile
Good thing mass media aren't aware of entities or we'd have chocolate Memory Hatchers coming on Easter... orz
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 5:07 am

It's been a few days, I figured I'd push this thread here... I hope that's okay!

Tonight I dreamed that all the windows in my old school were destroyed! I took a very confusing exam (which asked me to rate texts with adjectives and the texts kept changing) and when I got out, my mother showed up but wouldn't take me home because my performance on the exam had been so awful. Sad And then I had to crawl home through all the glass shards on the floor! They got stuck everywhere in my hands and feet... Sad I tried to wash them off but someone had dismantled all the sinks in the school?! I kept searching... Behind a door which said "wedding" I found an amusement park at the water but all the rides kept crashing! And I couldn't even use the water at the shore to wash off the shards because it repelled me so badly I flew up in the sky. :/ I found my way back to the door, slammed it shut and woke up!

That was really stupid!! (And while I like seeing my mother, this dream made me kind of sad when I woke up...)
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 8:19 am

Man, I've been having nightmares since last week or so... Sad Deep1, you were in one of them, too! I have no idea what you actually look like but in the dream there was this skinny guy and I just knew it was you? :?
The first part wasn't nightmarish at all actually, we were sitting under a tree at lunchtime eating sushi and I was gushing about how the red sweater you were wearing was the best thing!! Very Happy But the dream went down the drain after that. D: We got stuck in a house where the architecture didn't match up with the rules of physics and rooms were just randomly created and swept off into the void by a giant, tall hand and hammers (as in hammer throw) kept crashing down and putting holes to the void into the floor. I can't even begin to describe the part after that, something about a threatening new colour you shouldn't look at cos your brain couldn't comprehend...?? But I think we were following the whispers of my brother that echoed through the void?? Lord...

I guess I should really cut back on the junk food at night... :/
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Date of Registration : 2012-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:12 pm

Well... Skinny sounds about right, really.

That sounds like one disconcerting dream. Truth be told, it sounds downright ominous and threatening. Sounds like my dreams. they also tend to have this incomprehensible attribute and lots of stuff that would break your mind just from acknowledging them. That's why I sleep only once every two days very often.

EDIT: TIme to take a walk.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:12 am

Oh man, that's awful! D: I gather going lucid probably doesn't help??
I don't have that many nightmares normally! Sometimes normal dreams are really sad in retrospect if family appeared in them... D:
But sometimes I also dream simply silly things like trying to trim a rug with a wet razor!! 8)c
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:25 am

I never managed to get lucid. The triggers just don't work, it seems. Often I don'T have hands to look at or hold my nose shut with. It's all just a garble of horrid cookie.
Back to top Go down
Observer

Observer

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:50 am

Judging from the "hands to look at" comment, you maybe already know this one, but...

Let's talk about dreams! Lucid-Dreaming-Waggoner-Robert-9781930491144

I found this book really helpful...
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:28 am

So far I relied on information from the internet, so sure, I might check this out if I can get it for cheap somewhere. Thanks.

EDIT: I've practised a bit, lately, and I figured I'd share the fact that I've finally made some progress.
I was in a plaza. Not sure how big it was, because I was a little boy and the plaza was completely overrrun with tall, shadowy people in business attire. They simply walked around, very close to one another, no two of them going into the same direction, yet never colliding or even slowing down. In between all these long legs, I was looking for a toy, I had dropped, a tiny, hollow, blue marble, very fragile. I knew that if any of the businesspeople would so much as graze it with their shoes, it would shatter. So I crawled around between their feet and they didn't pay me any mind. They even kicked me once or twice. Sometimes I could get a glimpse of their ankles. One had gears and springs instead of skin, one was a mass of pulsating, bloody flesh and one was made of solid darkness.
When I finally had made my way to the marble, battered and bruised, I picked it up and held it close to my chest. I looked at it very briefly and knew that it was Earth and at that moment I was as tiny as the marble had been before and still felt like a titan compared to the little blue planet in my hands. This is when I asked myself, out of the blue, "is this a dream?". I quickly checked by sinking into the ground, away from the galaxy-sized feet and soon ended up in my trap room. You have no idea how great it felt to finally see it after all those years of nothing.
Turns out it is made of lots and lots of chocolate bars.

Last edited by Deep1 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:28 am

Oh man, I just saw that...
Congrats on going lucid, that's great! But maybe you don't want to mention in public what your Trap Room is made.

Last edited by Noah_ on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Maybe I should say less. :I)
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:02 am

Oh darn. Why's that?
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:03 am

I have reason to believe that it could be really dangerous!! I don't want to give people ideas again so I'll just PM you, ok??
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:33 pm

I should really start trying to get lucid. I used to do it a lot, then for whatever reason I fell out of the habit and now I have a really hard time with it.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:15 pm

I'm sure you can take it up again!! You'll just have to practice! Do regular critical reality checks and it'll come back to you really soon!! Very Happy

My last nights were a real waste of dream time though! Ugh! Plus, I dunno if any of you has this too but when I'm lucid a lot I wake up really tired and not refreshed at all!! I guess it makes sense because my consciousness is never allowed to unwind?? But how do you even take a break from going lucid without losing practice?? Maybe I should just do some classical lucid wish fulfilment next night for a little amusement... ;D
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Didn't manage to get lucid again so far bast last night's dream was something I'd like to share anyway. it was more along the usual lines of my dreams again, as opposed to what I described last time. It was just a bit less terrifying and mostly just weird.
I woke up in a dusty and dreary world. There was a brown fog everywhere and the sky was full of ominous dark orange clouds. I stood in front of a peculiar building. it had no walls, just four tall, slim pillars with a dome on top. However, through the "gate" or whatever you call that stuff in between two pillars I couldn't see the part of the world beyond, but a completely different place. Inside the dome was an entire night sky and through the portal on the other side of the structure there were intricate concrete buildings, that had the structure of interwoven bones as from fingers. I went inside and found that the domed building stood at the edge of a cliff and the bony concrete structure was a monstrously huge complex that rose from the bottom of the canyon high into the clear night sky. I climbed down into the canyon and up the bony structure. You wouldn't believe how very intricate and detailed every single part of it was. Even the huge finger-like installations were comprised of even more, tinier finger-like building blocks.
When I reached the top of the complex, i found a way to enter it and I knew it was the only one. A winding staircase made of the same bony material led down into an Eschersque labyrinth with rooms, corridors, staircases, mess halls and all sorts of weird, cold and desolate places.
Eventually I found my way back to the rooftop entrance and found that I was even higher up than before. The structure was growing.
That's when I woke up.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:43 pm

That sounds unsettling!! :000 (But probably really cool to draw, aaah...!)

I gave myself a very nice dream tonight but I'm not gonna describe it... XP

Anyway, I have this theory that people could potentially meet up in their dreams... But that would need some well-versed lucid dreamers! XO
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:27 pm

I guess that would involve void travelling? Sound dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:33 pm

Hehe, since when have you been such a killjoy? XP
But yes, it would involve void travel! But I've noticed that the bubbles aren't such a ~huge~ concern if you stay on the level of your Trap Room... It only goes to shit if you go against that invisible resistance. :3 (Not saying that this can't be interesting but hoo boy it's one hell of a trip... XO)
I assume beacons would be needed for that, and possibly personal effects, cos how else are two people gonna find each other?? :?
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Hell of a trip? Did you actually voluntarily go deeper into the void?
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Um
yes, kind of??
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Don't know ,dream stuff always gave me the creeps. Tried it of course but... I don't know. Its not my thing.
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Date of Registration : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Since leaving your own mind to enter another one basically means that you leave yourself behind, would that not add the risk of losing the connection back to your own body?

Also, Noah, I think entering the Void on your own accord sounds very dangerous. More dangerous than I would ever recommend to anyone.

Generally, this sounds extremely risky. What if the other person wakes up before you can leave? What if they think you are an entity and try to defeat you? What if there is an actual entity about that attacks you? Our bodies root us in the physical world, but without them, our minds could be quite vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
https://lookatthetime.rpg-board.net
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:23 pm

Noah, please don't do reckless things. We'd hate to lose you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about dreams!   Let's talk about dreams! Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about dreams!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clock-Face and Looking-Glass :: LookAtTheTime.com :: Research and Information-
Jump to: