Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Artefact Shack

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Noah_

Noah_

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

The Artefact Shack Empty
PostSubject: The Artefact Shack   The Artefact Shack EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:29 pm

I just remembered! When I had a friend over on the weekend, he let me use his smart phone to take pictures! Very Happy So I thought I'd tell you about a few peculiar objects I've got lying around here. Feel free to join in with your artefacts!

The Artefact Shack Catido10
This cat idol here appears to be made from rock or really good clay (it's solid, smooth and cool to the touch). I'm not sure about the culture it originated from? It's probably not even that old and mostly unremarkable! However, when two people touch it at the same time, the skin on their fingertips gets stuck! D: Then it's not possible to remove your fingers from the statue again without tearing or cutting off the skin! DDD:
Slowly, the leftover skin on the statue will disappear and skin on your fingertips will grow back. When it's done, the two people involved will have swapped fingerprints!! 8O
My theory is that someone tried to hex this against thieves and that went pretty wrong! Especially because one person can touch it just fine! :/

The Artefact Shack Birdwh10
This is a water bird whistle! Very Happy It's probably clay and it looks and feels kind of crude but it's also very cool to the touch. It's from Brazil but I doubt it has actually been made there...! :/
The main function is: Fill the whistle with some fresh water and blow it - it'll sound like a chirping bird! But if the water inside has been sitting for a few days, instead of chirping you will hear a faint whisper recounting every lie you've ever told in your live in your own voice. D:
(Getting this thing to shut up again is a pain in the backfluff!!)
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

The Artefact Shack Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Artefact Shack   The Artefact Shack EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:57 pm

Well that whiste sounds handy! We need one of these for journalistic purposes!
Also: Have you found any negative side effects? Would interest me because until now I never came across something occult that had noneof them at all.
Back to top Go down
Observer

Observer

The Artefact Shack Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Artefact Shack   The Artefact Shack EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:16 am

...reciting every lie you ever told sounds awfully negative to me o.o'
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

The Artefact Shack Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Artefact Shack   The Artefact Shack EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:51 am

Shutter, I like the way you think!! Very Happy But using these things to your advantage is kind of tricky... (Also, that whistle really gets on your nerves after a while! It's probably just the thin walls in here but when it's started whispering, I can basically hear it from anywhere in this house. :/)

I guess the dangerous part about these things is that their triggers are not immediately obvious - so I guess they passed through a lot of "muggle" hands before we added them to our collection. :/
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

The Artefact Shack Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Artefact Shack   The Artefact Shack EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 7:11 am

I see... And you have no idea how these things where made either? Or better how such artifact can be disposed?
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

The Artefact Shack Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Artefact Shack   The Artefact Shack EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 7:45 am

Well, I guess I can tell you about a few research results! Smile

Both artefacts show nothing on Mirror Surveillance. Search Out shows fingerprints on the idol in a weak green glow and the water inside the whistle swarming with tiny, red bugs/droplets!? :? But the objects themselves don't show!!
I vaguely remember what parenthesing these things yielded but I'll look for the notes as well! Smile

But based on these finds, my suspicion is that these objects were perfectly harmless at the beginning, both because they appear unremarkable under normal circumstances as when doing examination rituals! I think the idol was charged with major emotional significance and then hit with an inaccurate ritual... With the whistle, someone might have tried to imbue it with transformative abilities? (Because the water apparently changes on a level after it's been in there...)
I wonder what happens if you fill the whistle with Base Protection water..!! 8O

I have little idea how to dispose of them! I guess you could try destroying their physicality? Dissolve them in acid like a Memory Hatcher?? 8O I haven't tried that (and I'm not sure I will because the scope of these objects is kind of diffuse!!) For now I'm safe-keeping them so they don't get into the wrong hands. Smile
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

The Artefact Shack Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Artefact Shack   The Artefact Shack EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Here, I brought the Parenthesing results! Sorry, these look a bit shabby, I had a hard time scanning that old journal and touch-ups with a mouse are kind of a pain in the backfluff! (I promise I can draw better than this! Very Happy)

Cat idol:
The Artefact Shack Catido11
Notes next to the drawing:
5 candles
idol, connected fingers (on ears: fingerprints? thumbs: possibly blood?)

Water bird whistle:
The Artefact Shack Birdwh11
Notes:
7 candles
double figure d/l, bird head, crossed fingers(!!), speech? (connected to mouth and heart?)
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

The Artefact Shack Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Artefact Shack   The Artefact Shack EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:53 am

Hrm. Now i wonder if ths cat idol also changes the blood of the users...
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

The Artefact Shack Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Artefact Shack   The Artefact Shack EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Shutter wrote:
Hrm. Now i wonder if ths cat idol also changes the blood of the users...

SAdly the last persons to try this are gone so I can't really ask them to get a test BUT I think that's unlikely! Cos they didn't swap skin colour on their fingertips either SO I think this works More like your own body regrows the pattern of the other!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Artefact Shack Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Artefact Shack   The Artefact Shack Empty

Back to top Go down

The Artefact Shack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clock-Face and Looking-Glass :: LookAtTheTime.com :: Research and Information-
Jump to: