Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Paranormal Pendulum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shutter

Shutter

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

Paranormal Pendulum Empty
PostSubject: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:13 am

So this one I got from a sinti friend of mine which you might never meet online because he'sa busy fellow and doesn't like the internet much. Maybe some of you know that Romani folklore is packed with vampire myths so don't be puzzled when you find some people referring to this Ritual as 'Vampire Pendulum'! Spooky ,eh?

What you'll have to do:
Leave a Pendulum exposed to the full moon for three sequenced nights with a clear sky. Thats it.

Your Payoff:
You can use this Pendulum now as sort of an paranormal geiger counter. Prick your finger and let the pendulum swing when you suspect your surrounding to contain something not from this world. In a clean environment you might lay out some tissue to prevent getting your blood droppend all over the place.

How to use it:
Do as described and watch the results.
If you get the feeling that your hand goes numb and unmovable while something is sucking out your blood: Congrats ,you found seomthing paranormal!
If you feel nothing strange at all: There is nothing paranormal around you. Your surrounding is as ordinary as reality tv.

Some details about the pendulums behaviour: If you feel it sucking but blood is still dripping from the pendulum the paranormal event is either gone for a time or you're not near enough. Watch the drippings. When the drops are falling on one side especially often ,this might be the direction you have to go to find the event. When you feel the sucking but no blood is dripping from the pendulum at all chances are good that you are in direct reach of the event and arrived your destination. Wait until you can move your arm again and put the pendulum away in a salt-filled box. Don't leave it on your body! The amount of blood the pendulum takes varies with power of the event and time gone by since it happened. A minor ghost for example will take like a shotglass full of your blood over a time of twenty seconds and won't be recongnised by the Pendulum after it is gone or banished for more than an hour. A methuselah or a shifter on the other hand will cost you up to a half litre and will indicated even weeks after its dispersal!

The Dangers:
First of all it obviosly sucks your blood. However the amount is hardly enough to kill you unless you do it really often and in an highly supernatural environment. You also should not do thin when you don't expect anything otherworldly involved. My friend told me that the Pendulum actually sucks you dry when used without a paranormal source nearby more than three times in a row!
So don't be stupid.

PS: Oh yes I almost forgot. There might be some of you long enough in business to suffer some HEAVY supernatural pollution. When using this ritual you might get a response from this literally every time you use it. In this case you have to keep in mind that the bars are set higher for you: a strong reaction indicates a medium surce nearby ,a medium reaction indicates something small ect ect.... On the plus side you can't get eaten by the pendulum for the three failed trys! alien
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Date of Registration : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:49 pm

Well I'd like to add that it sounds like a good idea to bring some iron-containing food and plenty of water or unsweetened tea with you when you use this ritual. Passing out and feeling dizzy thanks to strong blood loss is probably a bad condition to be in as soon as you noticed something paranormal. This ritual sounds like a good idea only when paranormal activity is likely, but not too obvious already.
Back to top Go down
https://lookatthetime.rpg-board.net
Deep1

Deep1

Date of Registration : 2012-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:36 pm

Yeah, I never liked using this. I have low blood pressure, so the few times I did use it, I got dizzy as shite.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:12 pm

I guess that the ritual is not for anybody. Thanks to the fact that I spend way too much time with this s.h.i.t. I don't have to worry about the three times rule anymore and the blood loss is kind of okay once you learned to use this Ritual (If you can even call this one) only in tactical positions to pin down an entities hideout. It is actually a bit like minesweeper. Laughing

PS to RQ: Could we please remove this swearing blocker? its no fun to post like this.
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:49 pm

Only if you promise to cut back on swearing at least a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:52 pm

A really little lttle bit ,promise! =3
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:14 pm

It's a shame to lose all of my beautiful work. True art, it was. But a queen sometimes has to compromise with her subjects, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:36 pm

Wow. You were really busy there ,eh?
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:37 pm

I tried to stayed a step ahead of you is all. But even I must admit that it is not easy to stay a step ahead of you.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:22 am

What is the pendulum supposed to be made of?? Anything that should be avoided?? I have an assortment of something called rainbow crystals(??) which are supposed to have purification properties (which is mostly bollocks if you ask me) but I still wonder if I could use them because hey, why have them lying around, as well as their association with light and "shining through" and all...
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:49 am

I was told that metal works best ,silver in best case. Never tried crystaline structures but I guess it would not have the effect wished for.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Interesting... 83
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:26 pm

The Ritual is not that dangerous if you stick to the rules but when experimenting with this (and I know you want to) keep in mind that this is still a blood sucking artifact we are talking about o.รด
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Yeah, I'm aware of that so I'll try not to do stupid things!! But I guess it's flattering that you're so worried about me?! ;3
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:38 pm

You should. Not everyone gets this much credit from me =P
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Hehehehe ;//3
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:50 pm

(Noah and Shutter sitting in a tree~... ;P)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Pendulum   Paranormal Pendulum Empty

Back to top Go down

Paranormal Pendulum
Page 1 of 1