Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spirituality and the Paranormal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Noah_

Noah_

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

Spirituality and the Paranormal Empty
PostSubject: Spirituality and the Paranormal   Spirituality and the Paranormal EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 am

Is anyone around here religious, or believes in a higher power, or is just not strictly a stone-cold cynical atheist?? :000
I've been wondering how one would reconcile their belief with all the paranormal shit we're going through? Cos it's kind of hard to believe in a benevolent creator or anything like that if darkness keeps just piling up... :I But on the other hand "mundane" people (those who don't realise the paranormal) also have to reconcile their beliefs with non-paranormal horrible stuff happening... :L And all these weird, inexplicable things in our lives are already pretty close to powers beyond our understanding, so actually it's not a far cry to be kind of spiritual...?? But then I'd find it really hard to put enough trust in that kind of power, you know? :/ When the things out there are constantly screwing us over, either on purpose or by just not caring about puny humans, it sounds unlikely that there's a power out there that is ultimately 'good' (benevolent, helpful)...

Sorry, this got a bit rambly! I was hoping we could talk about this!? :7
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Date of Registration : 2012-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality and the Paranormal   Spirituality and the Paranormal EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:04 am

I do believe in gods. But I wouldn't worship those.
Back to top Go down
MatterOfTime

Date of Registration : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality and the Paranormal   Spirituality and the Paranormal EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:08 am

i'm a christian. i think these weird unnatural monster things aren't any worse than man does to fellow man. there probably is a god, but it's not His job to clean this place up. it's ours.
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Date of Registration : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality and the Paranormal   Spirituality and the Paranormal EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:15 am

I once had a very interesting conversation with a Catholic woman from Cameroon. She told me that most of the people from her home believed in both God and curses, spirits and magic.

She expressed it like this: "The people see God as a Light. And they conclude that wherever there is light, it will throw shadows."
Back to top Go down
https://lookatthetime.rpg-board.net
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality and the Paranormal   Spirituality and the Paranormal EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:29 pm

@Deep1 oh come on, you know this is not what I meant! X0

@MatterOfTime I see what you mean! But that's one hell of a burden... Being responsible for mankind I can kinda understand cos we're one species but also taking care of the world by keeping entities behind the veil and stuff?? Why would God do that to us? :/ Or do you think we're somehow responsible for creating entities..??

@RedQueen That sounds logical...

With entities and the void and dead people who came back as ghosts, I am starting to wonder: What happens when you die? D: If something comes back, will it be you, will you feel it, or is it something that is an vague imitation of you? Will it be a one-way trip? Ugh...
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality and the Paranormal   Spirituality and the Paranormal EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Noah_ wrote:

@MatterOfTime I see what you mean! But that's one hell of a burden... Being responsible for mankind I can kinda understand cos we're one species but also taking care of the world by keeping entities behind the veil and stuff?? Why would God do that to us? :/ Or do you think we're somehow responsible for creating entities..??

Why do people always think about the humanity as the centre of the universe? We are part of the world ,but that doesn't neither mean that everything comes from us nor that the purpose of everything around is interaction with us. I think of us as a form of live among thousand others ,not more and not less.

Noah_ wrote:

With entities and the void and dead people who came back as ghosts, I am starting to wonder: What happens when you die? D: If something comes back, will it be you, will you feel it, or is it something that is an vague imitation of you? Will it be a one-way trip? Ugh...

I don't think that ghosts are actually dead people. More like independent aspects or imprints that are left over. I guess that there are some aspects of us that don't die like the rest but holy fuck how should we know what happens to them?

I dont know if there is something like a higher force caring for mankind and if there is it must be god damn subtle. At least dealing with entities showed me that it would be way beyond human comprehention to compete with all the nasty things out there and may not really be similar to any imaginative picture religions like to draw of it.

Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality and the Paranormal   Spirituality and the Paranormal EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:32 pm

Yeah we're not the centre of the universe but on the other hand the universe is pretty huge so we're automatically kind of related to things that are in our vicinity, like we have an influence on them?? :/ I mean we've even left stuff sitting around on the moon. And there have been entities which are pretty likely to have been caused by humans or the death of humans at least. So there might be something to it!! :0 Of course not all entities are the same, or operate on the same plane...

And

I dunno, there's this phenomenon that sometimes after someone died, you can still 'feel their presence' but I guess that could also be psychology playing tricks on us. Human brains don't like fast changes. D:

PS: Geez, is it me or are you being even crabbier than usual? You know you can pm me if you need a pat on the shoulder, or a friendly backrub. xp (Srsly tho.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality and the Paranormal   Spirituality and the Paranormal Empty

Back to top Go down

Spirituality and the Paranormal
Page 1 of 1