Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shutter

Shutter

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter! Empty
PostSubject: Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter!   Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter! EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:02 am

The current situation reminded me to share a little something I learned about police interrogations which might save your arses one day so i'll share it here.

When you find yourself interrogated by a professional there will be some simple tricks they will rely on to see if you're telling the truth or just tell them some bulldrop.
Basically these are:

-How much sense your story makes
-Your eyes movement answering questions
-Your body language
-Your behaviour in long-term questioning

Lets take a closer look on these points to see how we can get out of this without admitting that we are total nutjobs:

Probability of your Story:
So you were found in a place where you should not be carrying some strange items and the nice men from the local police think you are some kind of satanist which tried to sacrifice a baby. When you try to rely on answers like 'I just visited a friend there' make sure that there IS acutally someone you know because the next questions will be the name of the guy ,since when you knew him and why you didn't just use the main entrance. Realise that they might doublecheck everything you'll say!
The best thing to do then is to prepare a good story with a lot of facts before(!) the fluff flies of the handle. A good thing is to use exotic but not impossible excuses like geo-catching , a bet or that you snuck up into the hospital because you wanted to visit a sick friend and got confused with the stations (but only when you actually have a friend in hospital of course). Another good way is to not lie but hide some of the truth. This is done by making up other reasons for you to be in this special place at this special time and keep them in the back of your head. Roaming a forsaken building area for example provides a good a good opportunity to make some good artistic pictures so you might bring a camera along and actually take some shots. This way you are not actually lying which will make it much easier for you when sitting in a small ,poorly lit rooms with Starsky and Hutch bombarding you with questions. Think of it as some kind of self-duping mind trick.
Also keep in mind that a small crime you admit in the middle of interrogation willalway be better then telling them you are some kind of modern exorcist. The authorities might be satisfied with you doing something wrong and may stop at this point.

Eyes Movement:
An interesting fact used by Interrogators around the world: a persom making things up always tends to look in another direction as when remembering things meaning that someone looking right when recalling something will look left when lying. This is nearby unconscious and therefore a strong indicator. Because of this they will start with some simple everyday questions like where you were yesterday at twelve or when you last had your breakfast ,that shyt!
Here you have to start early in order to outwit them. During the first few questions make something up when they ask you to state your yesterdays breakfast and when they ask you about something where you have to imagine things try to remember when somebody has asked you a similar question or go through your grocery list or something.

Body Language:
According to some jackarse sources keeping the arms crossed or blinked more that six times a minute indicates that you're a filthy liar. That's bullshyte. Don't get nervous because you think your body is blowing your cover! Yes ,the interrogator will look for little signs that you show ,but that mostly is if you hold you coffee mug between you and them like a shield or other obvious giveaways. Actually the signs and behaviours of a person questioned are so different that it is hard to make out a point o draw the line. Keep calm and find something small but not obviously suspicous to do with your hands like cleaning your clothes from lints or cleaning your ears. (Sounds distgusting to some but nothing says 'I'm innocent better than taking care of your body hygiene in front of an professional interrogator)

Long-term Questioning:
This is where the mind games are taken up a notch and its getting cruel. If you're unlucky that guy stand behind the blindlingly bright light will start to ask you different versions of the same questions for HOURS ,making time stretch as if he was a evil entity himself or a least a receptionist in a dental office. Remember to not get trapped by trick questions at this point and dont flip out if they accuse you of giving false answers. Sometimes they try to switch names or dates to see if you take the bait. The usual suspect will get nervous over time ,wishing it all to end because their nerves are reduced to to piont of nonexistence. Thats obviously a mistake! Always keep in mind that time is working for you ,most law enforcing interrogators are bound to some rules when it comes to questioning ,also regarding the time. Actually the longer the interrogation goes the more justified you are to switch from the role of an alarmed victim to a furious one. Throw a tantrum! Ask them what the heck is going on to justify the things they are doing to you! Get angry! Thats what innocent people do when kept in a little room to answer dumb questions! The guilty one get whiney at some point but you are not guilty so start being pissed. Maybe you'll even enjoy at your wardens ,it can be kind of fun! Twisted Evil
Just donÄt get too carried away to stick to your story!

Last edited by Shutter on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter!   Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Adding from experience: If you're young enough, you can take refuge in audacity. If you're in your (very) early twenties or, even better, a teen, you can indeed admit to examining something supernatural or being curious about a ritual! Add that you've read about it on the internet or heard about it from friends and they'll most likely laugh you off and just tell you not to get caught again! Smile That's a good last resort if they figured out you're lying, too! Just say you were too embarrassed to admit it.
Also, don't get into detail too much! That's a general guideline. When you tell a made-up story, it's going to be far more detailed and chronologically sound than recounting actual events. Cos memory (usually) doesn't work that way! This is an easy trap to fall into!
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter!   Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:22 pm

Right. Well that entry is done for now. Feel free to ask questions if you have some
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Date of Registration : 2012-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter!   Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:33 pm

I will study and practise this intensely.
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter!   Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:32 am

I can vouch for what Noah said. This is Dawn's and my go-to solution.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter!   Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:37 pm

I am very glad about two things.
One: That I read this.
Two: That the Mirrorshifter didn't cut ME up.

Why?

because the police grabbed me, questioned me AGAIN and took a DNA sample just to top it all off. I feel like hell.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter!   Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter! EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:08 am

Ouch.
I guess they were quite persistent after all this ,eh? I hope you got through it well and without getting yourself into more trouble.
Better double check if they are still shadowing you. Common procedure when they seem to let a suspect go.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter!   Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter! EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:26 am

I'm sure they're still around. They repeated their warning about leaving town. Man, I wish they'd let it go already. I wanna go after YK, gosh damnit.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter!   Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter! EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:33 am

Don't lose your calm ,Deep.
They let you go because they didn't have enough evidence against you. Now the only thing you have to do is not to provide them with such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter!   Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter! Empty

Back to top Go down

Proper Lying with Uncle Shutter!
Page 1 of 1